Machinist (Eskridge) – Olathe, KS
Operates various machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic workpieces.
- Read blueprints or job orders to determine product specifications.
- Download programs into machine and review Program Headers for instructions.
- Set up machine according to Set Up Procedure, Program Header instructions and Work Instructions. Record setup on log sheet.
- Install fixtures and tooling.
- Run Equipment to produce parts to print and engineering specifications.
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions and adjusts machines as necessary.
- Perform First Article Inspection and In Process inspection on parts to verify that they meet engineering specifications. Document results.
- Make adjustments and edit machine programs if needed or advise Machine Programmer of changes required. Upload edited programs to server.
- Make adjustments to machines to compensate for tool wear and material compositions (speeds and feeds).
- Remove, setup and replace dull or broken cutting tools.
- Inspects workpieces for defects, and measures workpieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using a variety of measuring instruments.
- Identify and analyze problems that arise during machining process and create solutions independently.
- Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, tools, or workpieces and adding coolant to machine reservoirs.
- Verify calibration of measuring tools before using.
- Follow Non-Conformance work instructions.
- Documents time in MES system accurately.
- Works safely and promote a safe working environment.
- Keep working area clean and organized and maintain housekeeping to a high standard.
- Deburr, stamp, clean and packages parts according to instructions.
- Meet daily efficiency and productivity goals.
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
**Must pass a Background check and a Drug test**
To apply for this role, please email your resume to Resume@ramseyindustries.com.