Welder (Auto Crane) – Tulsa, OK
Fits, and welds carbon steel and galvanneal components to assemble structural forms such as truck bodies or bumpers.
- Acquires parts ready for assembly and welding prepared by the material handler.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Adjusts and sets up equipment and welds parts, using MIG and flux core welding equipment, plasma cutter, and cutting torch.
- Fabricates parts from other existing parts when the correct parts are not available.
- Cleans and maintains own work area.
- Looks up drawings on computer or paper prints to verify the correct location of components.
- Operates overhead cranes to place parts in the appropriate location for welding on jack, fixture, or cart.
- Loads finished products onto cart and stages in paint prep area for further processing.
- All employees are responsible for making sure all product has proper identification prior to moving between processes and including to or from the warehouse storage area. Product must include one of the following forms of identification including, job or sales order, bill of material, routing sheet, placard with part number noting product etc. All material needs to have proper identification, no exceptions.
Education and Experience
- A Welding certification, one year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates understanding and follows all product-related processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities. This includes the willingness to take ownership for work activities.
- Identify problems and assist to resolution.
- Interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read tape measure and compute fractions.
- Must pass written weld test and 2G Welding exam.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings.
To apply for this role, please email your resume to Resume@ramseyindustries.com.