Regional Sales Manager (Auto Crane) – West Coast (Remote)
This position sells products for the company to an existing dealer network for re-sale to businesses, utilities, and government agencies throughout a multi-state area. Home office based, this is an individual contributor role and works remotely with limited supervision. The RSM is the key representative of the company within the region and is responsible for profitable sales growth through planning and executing aggressive market strategies.
- Travels routinely as needed throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective dealers and end-users utilizing a consultative selling approach to grow the business. Communicates regularly with customers and prospects by email, phone, teleconference and in person providing product and pricing information.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads via industry publications, trade shows, internet searches and other sources. Uses prospecting skills to qualify and develop leads into actionable selling activities.
- Assists dealers with displays and product demonstrations emphasizing features, benefits, and advantages of the Auto Crane brand
- Quotes prices, terms, and conditions.
- Estimates date of delivery to customers based on current knowledge of the Company’s production schedule and by regular communication with the customer service team.
- Establishes Auto Crane and Ramsey Industries as an approved supplier when required and contributes to specification writing wherever applicable.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in region.
- Prepares weekly report of business transactions and keeps expense accounts current.
- Prepares an annual forecast for the region and updates it monthly, informing management of any significant shifts in market dynamics promptly.
- Works with customer service representatives and marketing team to keep company literature relevant and up to date.
- Tracks dealer stock levels across the territory to aid customers sourcing products.
- Coordinates and/or delivers customer training locally and nationally as needed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and helps resolve customer complaints as needed.
- Uses account classification techniques to allocate time appropriately and maximize productivity.
- Identifies geographical and industry coverage gaps; analyzes and prioritizes options; ramps up new channel partners following the established process.
- Participates in trade shows.
- Produces and delivers effective sales presentations to various audiences.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or a relevant field of study from an accredited college or university and a minimum of five (5) years sales experience is required, preferably selling products through a dealer channel. Experience in medium-duty truck or industrial/construction equipment sales preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered at management’s discretion.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite essential; Experience using a CRM tool preferred.
- Typically requires 40% – 50% overnight travel.
Personal Effectiveness Competencies:
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Initiative – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Integrity – Maintains social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and moral principles; treats people with respect; upholds organizational values.
- Motivation – Competitive sales drive; sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against a high standard of excellence.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication – Speaks clearly, concise, and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; demonstrates effective presentation skills; writes clearly and informatively.
- Planning/Organizing – Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and with the desired results; sets realistic goals and objectives.
- Collaboration – Willingness and ability to work on projects with other team members towards mutually beneficial goals.
- Building Customer Loyalty – Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Selling – Demonstrates professional selling skills; understand the sales cycle and delivery demands; works diligently to move the sales cycle towards timely closing.
- Driving Execution – Translates strategy into operational reality; breaks down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifies accountabilities; holds themselves accountable for a successful end-result; perseveres through difficult tasks.
- Decision-making – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment when making decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; consults with and includes appropriate stakeholders in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
To apply for this role, please email your resume to Resume@ramseyindustries.com.